Monday, March 2, 2015

Webcomic

I'm taking a webcomic that I developed a few years back as a static site hosted on godaddy, terrible, I know.  It was before I knew that much about web development.  I've seen the light and now have the domain registered through gandi and am attempting to use digital ocean to host the app.  The greatest struggle I've had so far is trying to figure out what technologies to use.  I want to have a rails backend with postgresql and rspec.  Then for the front end I'm still trying to decide between using ember or react.  
It's interesting taking something you've already made and making a legit web application out of it.  Setting up a backend for a webcomic is also a little tricky.  It seems like it's something that should be pretty simple at first, but then it has the potential to get enormous very quickly.  Adding, a blog or user comments gets the backend complicated very quickly.  So, I've decided to take a modular build approach.  Build out the very basic features, ie the comic feature, then modularly implement other features.  We'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment